Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Four Point Buck in My Back Yard

Mountain biking in the winter is best when the temperatures are below freezing. The frozen ground eliminates issues with mud and when there is snow the traction on the snow is better when it is solid rather than mushy.

Yeah I know, it is still just fall, but this morning's ride felt like winter. The temperature was just below freezing. The little puddles left over from yesterday's rain had just a bit of ice in them and the places that would have been muddy were solid enough to make for a great ride.

As I started the ride this four point buck was staring me down. He actually started walking towards me to check me out. The digital zoom on the iPod touch gives the picture a strange look, but that is what I had available at the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment