Monday, February 25, 2013

It Started as a Fun Idea

I have my fat bikes right by the front door of the store (Epic Biking). As a result I get a lot of people asking what they are for. People just walking past often will come in just because they saw the fat tires through the window. Anyway, I would tell them how they are so great in the snow that some guy tried to ride one to the South Pole. 

Then I had a customer telling me that when he wins the lottery that he would do the trip with me. He doesn't enter the lottery so he will never win. Anyway it was fun to talk about, but not something I was really planning on doing.

But then the more I thought about it and talked about it the more serious I have become about doing it. We still have to get the funding to do this trek, but I really think that we will be able to get it worked out. I have a couple people that I go to church with that are helping me with the project. One that is a movie maker that is helping with the documentary and with getting funding, and another that is planning on riding with me. So now we end up doing extra talking and planing for the trip on Sundays. Between being over heard talking about it, and the fact that I get excited about the adventure that I share the idea with anyone that listens to me, a lot of people at church know of my planned trip. 

I think this has helped move the planned trip from, yeah it would be cool, to maybe I should do this, to I want to do this, to I am working on being able to do this, to I am doing this. I felt like I moved to that final step yesterday.

I am still waiting to hear from ALE/ANI. I'm trying to be patient, but it is really hard. I have so many things that need to be figured out before I can move forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment