Thursday, July 18, 2013

Numb Toes and 27.5

My toes are back!


Back in June I did the White Rim in a Night. 100 miles on rough terrain with no suspension other than the fat tires beat me up, but after getting some sleep I was feeling good again. That is except for my toes. I have been living with numb toes for nearly a month now.

I think part of the problem was the saddle. I changed the saddle to the Giant Flow 1 saddle. I think it does a better job of not pinching the nerves.

I also started taking B-complex vitamins. Years ago I cut the nerve in my left ring finger. I went to a neurologist. He said he could do surgery and attempt to reconnect the nerve, but it wasn't guaranteed it would work. I decided it wasn't worth doing the surgery. However, the neurologist recommended that I take large doses of vitamin B-12 and that maybe the nerve would reconnect itself. My finger is still numb so the B-12 didn't work, but B-12 is suppose to help the nerves so I started taking the B vitamins hoping that would bring the feelings back to my feet back.

I don't know if I can credit the B vitamins, the saddle, or just time with having my toes almost back to normal, but it is nice to have them back.

27.5

A few months ago we were speculating what Giant would do for 2014 bikes. I had heard enough to suspect that they would be coming out with a bike with 27.5 inch wheels. Then a few weeks ago they did an early release on their 27.5 Talon sport mountain bike. 

Today I am at Giant's dealer convention where they show us all the new stuff for the new year. Giant is going big with the 27.5 bikes. Everything from entry level hard tail mountain bikes to full suspension carbon fiber performance mountain bikes. Not only that but they have the full range of 27.5 women specific mountain bikes. 



I will get my first test ride of the 27.5 bikes later today. I usually end up doing my riding in the mornings and then work all day so it will be strange to have the biking in the middle of the day, but I am excited to go out and ride the new bikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment