Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 31 -- It Was A Hill

South 85º42.000" West 81º24.400" 18.2 nautical miles Elevation 4,969 ft
It wasn't a cloud bank.
When I woke up this morning I had this strange feeling that I was camping in a forest alongside a little trail. Of course there is no forest here.
Lots of clouds today and low visibility. The day started with a little downhill and then a big climb to 4,800 ft. The rest of the day was up and down, ending near my home elevation of 5,000 ft.
There have been several arctic trucks and ALE vans that have been returning from the south pole. They left big ruts in the snow. I followed in the tracks but it made for some wild and crazy riding. It was like riding very narrow, technical single track while being blind. However, when i could manage it I was able to make good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment