Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sunday "Training"

I started writing this blog entry last Sunday, but it is hard to type and arrange pictures on the small screen of an iPod. Anyway I finally am getting around to finishing this entry.

Scattered in this blog entry are a few pictures from the walk to church.

I ride a bike of one kind or another most every day. But I believe in having Sunday be a day of rest. So I don't work out on Sundays. However, I don't see anything wrong with getting to church. There is nowhere safe to lock a bike up at the church, and it really isn't that far so my day of rest training is walking to church.

Indian Paintbrush
Everyone in our neighborhood knows I'm the crazy guy that walks to church every sunday no matter what the weather. It use to be that I would get a lot of people that would stop and offer to give me a ride. I would politely tell them that I was walking on purpose. People have gotten so use to the connivence of driving that they can't imagine someone would walk if the didn't have to.

Wild flowers
It got to where people would only ask me when it was raining, snowing, or just really cold. If I wanted to go buy car I could ride with the rest of my family. Anyway, it is really nice that so many people would offer me a ride, I have great neighbors.

Wild flowers
They changed the location we meet for church. It use to be about 1 mile to church, which I would walk each week. Now it is about two miles by road. However, there is a "horse trail" I can take. Unfortunately it is a bit shorter, but the cool thing is that it is much more adventurous.

A new section of trail
The trail system route was created when the subdivision weas created. However the trails were never actually made. Over the years I have worked the trail from my house down Tickville Gulch. The new church is in the opposite direction. So now I'm working on fixing the trail going up the gulch.

I'm working on pulling the trail out of the bottom of the gully where the occasional runoff ruins the trail up onto the sides so that the trail can stay in better condition. It may take a few years but it will be nice when it is finished.






I saw a couple chickens last week. I think a fox must of found them also.


Bird nests in the side of the cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment