Thursday, September 12, 2013

Game On

Well, the last few weeks have been rough. I have put so much into doing this expedition, but it was all dependent on getting sponsorships. I worked hard to get the sponsorships, but when the deadline to pay for the expedition came, I still did not have the sponsorships needed.

I don't give up easily. I got a junk phone call offering loans for businesses. Hmmm, maybe I could get a business loan to do this. Talking to my credit union, a few other credit unions, and a couple of banks, a business loan wouldn't work, but they suggested a home equity loan. So I tried the home loan. Denied! 

It sure is hard to get a loan when you have no income. I just couldn't bear the thought of not going. I do have a fair amount of equity in my home, so I go back and ask them to take a second look. 

On Tuesday I finally got the call saying the loan has been approved! The expedition is on! Time to get serious about getting all the equipment, tents, coats, boots, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment