Tuesday, December 17, 2013

You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd

15 nm S82°10.500 W079°47.247
I knew as soon as I started this morning that I would have to be happy with whatever I got.
Today was everything I had told people that it would be. Cold, uphill, 20-30mph headwind in the snow. It was definitely the hardest day of my life, again. One of the climbs today was by far steeper than anything I have done since the first couple of days.
I have passed my second degree! So I am now more than 20% of the way there and that is the 20% with the most miles and most climbing. Weather forecast for tomorrow is the same as it was for today, so I guess I have another hard day ahead.
When I was a kid my mom had a record that had a song on it that said you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd. That song kept coming to my mind today.

1 comment:

  1. Remember the next line of the "Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd" song is: " But you can be happy if you've a mind to"! Maybe that will help you stay happy in less than the most comfortable circumstances. Best of luck on your expedition! ��

    ReplyDelete